Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Basilica Del Sto. Niño ( Santo Niño Shrine )

Sto. Niño shrine is a busy place, since theres allot of Tourist and devoties visiting the shrine every day. This picture below  was made to cover the mass everysunday because the shrine cannot cover thousand of people attending the mass. 




And here is the front door of the Shrine. it is really big and i can definitely imagine the Churches on Rizal's Noli Me Tangere. It is really a tourist spot and the place is really crowded with Tourist.


But the only thing that i notice is that , when you enter the Shrine , the place is really dark and the altar is not too visible.

And these are the shrine devotees who really prays deeply to God. And this one was taken while i was on the queue waiting for my turn to see the Sto. Niño de Cebu.


And here is the legendary Sto. Niño de Cebu.



I even bought one Sto. Niño de cebu from this shrine and you can check it on my beauty blog, just click here.
Hope you like it guys.

Basilica Del Sto. Niño
Osmeña Blvd. Cebu City
January 23, 2012

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. Great photos! never been to Cebu all my life. I miss Visita Iglesia too. been here too long in the desert =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to see this when I went to Cebu over a year ago.. :) I wasn't into blogging yet that time, but if I were, I'd love to take photos of the place and make a post about this glorious basilica too.. ^^ Anyway, love your shots sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was here 2 years ago. When I paid homage to the Sto.Nino image, I got the goosebumps. I can imagine the whole church filled with devotees during Sto. Nino's feast day.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this place and the church yet. I wish to be there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been there since I was 15 years old attending Sinulog festival in Cebu. Ever since, I really enjoy Cebu as well as it's core for religious roots. Glad you share some experience in this wonderful city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am living in Cebu for almost 6 years now but I only managed to visit this place 3-4 times :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cebu is one o the cities in the country that I'd love to visit. Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. big wow.. ang ganda ng simbahan...... parang gusto ko ilagay to sa bucketlist ko..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That altar had A LOT of statues! The church looks very, very beautiful. It's great to finally see the famous Sto. Nino up close. It would be more awesome to see it in real life but with your picture, I am able to appreciate its beauty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I visited the Basilica when we went to Cebu, now I miss Cebu =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already been there on that place somewhere in 2007

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been to Cebu nor to a lot of churches, thanks for the virtual tour! :)

    ReplyDelete