Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Philippine Taoist Temple

When is was in Cebu we visited Taoist temple on the exact Chinese New year. We're thinking of not going here but i definitely insist. When i first saw this temple, i really remember my Elementary school in Malabon. PBSGMI, it is a Chinese school owned by a monk. I grew up in a school that has a peaceful surroundings and has allot of people praying in the temple.

Every morning you can see the monks practicing kung fu, they have allot of slow motion exercise that even i cannot do and i might visit that place soon.

It was a very hot afternoon when we went here, this temple is so far and you really need to have a good car to go here. This temple is located on the top of a millionaires village called Beverly Hills?.... Any why..... all i can say... it is far...



For this temple, i was wondering why they are not allowing cameras to take a picture of Buddha's and i don't like the care taker there, they should tell people nicely that camera's are not allow because they tend on shouting at tourist and i really don't like it.

But at least, i manage to pray here on Chinese New Year and i just wish my pray's will be heard.


TAOIST TEMPLE
Gorordo Avenue
Cebu City, Philippines
January 2012

15 comments:

  1. I love places like this. Too bad it's far and the caretaker is not friendly. Your post appeared twice btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fix it already... i was fixing my blog last night and got a double html code for data post heheeh

      Delete
  2. I would have to agree with you about this temple being so far! My bf and I took the cab inside. Sure, we did enjoy exploring the temple. But it was after the tour when we started worrying about our trip outside this posh village. It was so hot that day, but we had no other means of travel so we walked a few -- until a habal-habal came into view! Then again, that was another adventure. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to Cebu City yet but will definitely be checking it out. This place looks similar to the Bell Church in Baguio. Btw, I can't help but noticed that you have a double post? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try visiting cebu.. my 3 days there is not enough. i already fix the double post got an error on my blog theme

      Delete
  4. Hi Inday! ;) How ironic to have a shouting caretaker at a supposedly peaceful place. :)) I would be turned off by it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of Bell Church Baguio too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'ts a very nice place to visit--- been there 10 years ago though I'm originaly from Cebu hehehe---

    ReplyDelete
  7. We visited this Taoist temple when we went to Cebu in 2008. This place is a must visit place in Cebu City!

    ReplyDelete
  8. never been here....looks interesting though with their own mini great wall...heheh

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been to this place on my first trip to Cebu, and funny coz during that time digital camera is still not that "in" so I think I only have 1 photo and its the printed one.. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never been to Cebu yet but will be including this in my itinerary when I finally did. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never been in Cebu but i will include this on my To-Go-list in Cebu... hehehe..

    Thanks for sharing..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. If we had enough time when we visit Cebu, this would also be one of our must-see places.

    ReplyDelete
  13. CEBU...
    the province in the Philippines which should
    be taken as a priority in a traveler's list of local destination.
    this temple is one structure that makes the place
    worth visiting.

    ReplyDelete